This week was pretty good for my hooks. I started a sweater just for me from a kit Mermaid “bought” me for Christmas. I also got an order for a Checkered Hearts Baby Blanket so off to the yarn store I went.
I love getting orders for baby things; it just makes me happy to know that something I made will wrap a little one up in love and hopefully become one of their favorite things.
I also heard back on the Twin Bunnies from last week. When the expectant mother opened the bag she loved them. I was told she is going to order a second set – one to let them cuddle and one to put away in their memory boxes. I got all teary, it touched my heart that she loved them that much.
Things I finished: Nothing. Not a single thing.
On the hooks:
· Curvy Girl Tunic – This is a kit Mermaid “bought” me for Christmas from Craftsy. It uses Lion Brand Yarn that is so squishy and delicious. I am taking lots of pictures and notes so I can write a review on it for you.
· Checkered Hearts Baby Blanket – Amazon order.
Poor Ignored WIPS:
· Heating Pad Cover – I am writing a pattern for one to go on my electric heating pad. I am so tired of the cheap flimsy one that won’t stay in place.
· Cuff Booties – This is a kit I ordered from Craftsy. Something to make just for me.
· The most disappointing sweater ever (I am not ready to talk about it and it is in the corner thinking about what it did wrong.) Update: I did look at it this week and cuss it out again. I need to just frog it and get it over with.
· Amelia’s Quilt – I started a jelly roll quilt for my daughter. I only work on it when Hubby is on long work trips so it’s been in a tote since November.