This was a good week for my stores! I had orders for two blankets and one pig doll.
The first blanket order was for a Checkered Hearts Baby Blanket in Pink. I love this blanket. The way the hearts stand out in the squares give it the impression of squares sewn together but it is all worked in continuous rows.
The second blanket order was for a Granny Mae Baby Blanket. This is a blanket that I designed based on an old granny square pattern in a square sampler book from the 90’s. It is a simple design of stacked squares, but the great thing about it is for every blanket that is ordered on my site I am donating a matching blanket to the Ronald McDonald House in my town. I am super excited because this is the first one that has been ordered!
The Pig Doll is one of my favorites to make. I just love the little curly-q tail. There was a movie that came out a while back with Christina Ricci where she plays a girl cursed with a pig nose and ears, called Penelope. I love that movie and everything it teaches you about self acceptance, so I named my doll after her. I even add a scarf that is only sold with these dolls.
If you would like to order any of these please visit my Amazon Handmade Shop.
I did not get a chance to work on any of my WIPs, my poor ignored WIPs.
Things I finished:
· Checkered Hearts Baby Blanket – Baby Pink
· Granny Mae Baby Blanket – Green Varigated
· Pig Doll
On the hooks:
· Curvy Girl Tunic – This is a kit Mermaid “bought” me for Christmas from Craftsy. It uses Lion Brand Yarn that is so squishy and delicious. I am taking lots of pictures and notes so I can write a review on it for you. Currently I have the back done, and half of the front panel.
Poor Ignored WIPS:
· Heating Pad Cover – I am writing a pattern for one to go on my electric heating pad. I am so tired of the cheap flimsy one that won’t stay in place.
· Cuff Booties – This is a kit I ordered from Craftsy. Something to make just for me.
· The most disappointing sweater ever (I am not ready to talk about it and it is in the corner thinking about what it did wrong.) Update: I did look at it this week and cuss it out again. I need to just frog it and get it over with.
· Amelia’s Quilt – I started a jelly roll quilt for my daughter. I only work on it when Hubby is on long work trips so it’s been in a tote since November.