This week has been slow as far as making things goes. Honestly, most of my creative time was spent organizing this site. I am not sure if everyone knows but this month I started a mommy blog – A Bustling Home. I started talking about all kinds of things on this site that I really wanted to talk about but had nothing to do with being crafty – so I split them and it is turning out pretty well. I spent this week designing the new blog headers for my weekly features, moving posts to the other site, and getting set up with my first affiliate companies.
Now don’t think geez all she is going to do now is be a commercial and push stuff at us. Because that isn’t going to happen. You will see ads at the bottom of my posts but only for companies I actually use and are related to crafting. If I use a product from one of them I will put a link so you can too but I am not going to just shove stuff at you. Promise. It’s just yarn and notions are expensive and I will get a small percentage of your sale at no extra cost to you at all. So please if you are going to go shopping at one of my affiliates click through my site and help feed my yarn vault.
I am going to start a monthly giveaway on this site for different things. In March it is going to be for 2 skeins of hand dyed cotton yarn. I have to work out how to run the giveaway so that everyone that is currently following is included in the drawings. Look for an post next week on how to enter!
- Moogly Square 3: It turned out awesome. It looks similar to the first one but with a more open edge. It is still early in the CAL if you want to join in on the fun! All the patterns are free, and you can use what ever worsted weight yarn you like.
- I finished up the Granny Mae blanket to donate to the Ronald McDonald House. I will be dropping it off this week.
On the Hooks:
Curvy Girl Tunic: I worked some more on the front panel, but did not make much progress.
Designing Granny Blanket #2: It is going to be in the granny square blanket set that I am designing just for my stores. I need name suggestions! Leave me a comment below with your favorite Granny type name. The only one that is already taken is Granny Mae.
Poor Ignored WIPS:
· Heating Pad Cover – I am writing a pattern for one to go on my electric heating pad. I am so tired of the cheap flimsy one that won’t stay in place. * I did take this one out and put it at the top of the pile.
· Cuff Booties – This is a kit I ordered from Craftsy. Something to make just for me.
· The most disappointing sweater ever (I am not ready to talk about it and it is in the corner thinking about what it did wrong.) Update: I did look at it this week and cuss it out again. I need to just frog it and get it over with.
· Amelia’s Quilt – I started a jelly roll quilt for my daughter. I only work on it when Hubby is on long work trips so it’s been in a tote since November.