This square is from crochetncrafts.com and is named ‘Buds a Blooming’. When you go to this site make sure you have a drink and plenty of time to explore. She has so many different free patterns, pattern collections you can buy through her Ravelry store, tutorials, yarn reviews and guest posts. I have a wine bottle cozy earmarked to make for this Christmas. I am going to make half a dozen in August. (You know you need them for all the parties and last minute gifts and won’t have time to make them in December!)
This square makes me think of a square mandala. I think I am going to go back and do it in shades of blue and cream to make a throw pillow for a friend of mine that lives on the beach. When you work it in a solid color some of the design fades and you are left with a bold circle pattern in the middle.
CLick Here for the Link to the Moogly CAL Page for Square 9.
These are my notes if you want to make a solid square:
- Make sure you pay attention which row has a front loop round.
- Round 9 starts the square – make sure to use stitch markers because the corners are not going to stand out. In round 9 the corner is the 5th tr of the 9 tr set.
- Round 12: You might have trouble finding the top of the tr from Round 11. Just pull the stitch backwards and the top will be easier to find.
- I was able to skip the last round and had a 12 inch square – stop and measure to see if you can too.
- When you finish go back and push all the treble bumps to the front so they stand out in your design. They are no good to you on the back.
That is it. Just 5 tips to make a solid square that is going to knock your socks off. Make sure to share your finished square on social media with #moogly2017cal so everyone can share in the fun.