This week I have been one busy hooker. I finished 2 squares for the Moogly 2017 CAL, and I almost finished a tassel shawl class Marly Bird is teaching on CreativeBug, started a dress for Mermaid that is going to look like Elsa’s dress, and did a few rows on my Lavender Fields Blanket. But that was all after I filled a few orders from the store.
I am excited though, I have a new obsession. Irish Lace. I was looking through the few classes they have on crochet that I haven’t already bought. Seriously people I have a lot of them. I have watched the whole thing while working on other projects and I am so inspired. I have been looking for something I could make that was unique for me and my stores. Don’t get me wrong I love making baby blankets and Amigurumi dolls and they will stay up there but I have been wanting to make something that was just my design. I think I am going to start with a bag or a pillow.
I am so excited about it, besides the designs that she gives you in the class (which are plenty to get started) I have bought 4 paperback books on making different motifs and free form crochet. I think that I like the Irish lace more than the solid form of free form crochet but I have plans for that too. I love anything tree related and I want to figure out a way to make a tree of life art hanging. I have done the wire wrapped tree of life pendants before and I want to figure out how to do that on a larger scale with crochet!
I swear my crojo is going crazy this week people! I have updated my Ravelry account with all my wips too (which took a while), if your on Ravelry then look me up and add me as a friend. If not go sign up it is a free site and a great way to meet crochet/ knitting/ weaving/ spinning friends and they have thousands of free and paid for patterns.
- Bumble Bee Doll < Etsy Order
- Tassel Shawl < 75% done this week!
- Elsa Dress < Started
- Highlander’s Poncho – Father In Law’s Birthday < Need to start
- Dragon Scarf < Need to start
- Heating Pad Cover
- Lavender Fields Blanket < made progress
- Pixel Blanket
- Curvy Girls Sweater
- Pineapple Blanket – Birthday Gift
- Fingerless Mitts – Christmas Gift
- Moogly CAL < Finished 2 squares
- Darn Good Yarn Kit – Frogged it. Saving the yarn for something else.
- Seam last year’s friendship square blanket
- Mermaid’s Quilt
- Lazy Day’s Skirt < watched the video. So that’s a good step right?
- Garden Sampler
Go Get Stitchy!