This week has been a pretty good week. I have been blasting through the Moogly Squares. Seriously I have done 7 squares and the write-ups for each of them. Once I gave myself permission to skip #16 that was giving me so much trouble I just started knocking them out. I have the write ups spread out over last week and next that way I am not blasting you with posts every day.
I have also been working on the chic scarf and hat set for one of Mermaid’s teachers. I have it in a cute little project bag and keep it in the car. I love working on something while I wait to pick her up from school and that pattern is so easy I can get 10 rows easy in the minutes I have to wait for her to come running out of her class.
I did get an exciting request. A friend wants to order 2 presents for friends of hers. One in blue, one in a soft pink. That is the only guidelines! I have a few patterns that I have been wanting to try so off to the yarn store I go this afternoon.
My find of the week is a bit unusual. It isn’t one specific thing. It is Facebook Crafty groups. I know almost everyone is on Facebook these days – but did you know there are groups on there that talk about your specific type of hobby and are awesome? I am in ones for crochet, knitting, quilting, sewing, journaling and of course blogging.
They are great for a few reasons.
- You have people who actually want to listen to you talk about your new favorite pattern! No eye rolling, no polite uh-huhs while they look at their phone.
- Need inspiration for something new? They are out there posting pictures of things they did and will let you know how you can find the pattern too!
- Need help but don’t have a friend you can ask? Well now you have thousands of people to help you figure out why the thread keeps breaking while your sewing that backpack for your kids Christmas present.
- Want to do a little humble brag about how awesome your shawl turned out? Go for it!
If you want to find a few groups to join it is easy.
- Go to the Home Page for your Facebook account.
- Look on the left menu bar under “Explore” click on “Groups”.
- A new page is going to open that shows you groups your currently in. On the top left there is a button for Groups / Discover. Click Discover.
- In the search bar type what type of group you are looking for (crochet, knitting etc).
- Find a group that sounds interesting and click join. Don’t be discouraged if it says ‘closed group’. They are all closed groups. It is how moderators/ administrators can control the group. If someone breaks the rules/ is a bully or what ever then the admins can kick them out and not let them back in. Be bold and ask to join.
Don’t be shy you can join more than one group at a time. Join several and see which one you like the best. If you decide you don’t like a group after a while you can either unfollow it in your feed or just leave it all together.
DGY Novemer Kit – Spiral Hat < DONE just need to find beads
Chic Cloche & Scarf < Progress on the scarf
Moogly CAL < 6 squares done this week!
Lavender Fields Throw
Curvy Girl Tunic
Daisy Chain Quilt
Garden Cross stitch sampler